These Sweet and Savory Party Poppers were one of the best things I sampled at the ALDI Taste Kitchen Event. Thanks to the ALDI kitchen team and Chef Alyssa for sharing the recipe.
Frugal Tip: ALDI has a variety of gourmet cheeses as seasonal offerings during the holiday season. Goat cheese, brie, edam, and gouda are available for about 30-50% less than what you would pay at your typical grocery store. View photos of ALDI 2012 fall seasonal offerings.
- 8 oz. pitted dates
- 4 oz. brie cheese round
- 6 oz. slivered almonds
- 1.5 lb. thick sliced bacon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut dates in half lengthwise.
- Cut brie into bite-sized pieces (about the size of a peanut). Place a piece of brie and 4 almond pieces on the open half of the date; place the other half on top.
- Quarter the bacon slices and wrap tightly around the stuffed date. Secure with a toothpick.
- Line a baking sheet with foil an place wrapped dates on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until bacon is crispy.
- Serve warm.