Also known as Pumpkin Poke Cake, this pumpkin recipe is a crowd-pleaser. It’s easy because you start with a boxed cake mix. It’s decadent because of the caramel and Heath Bits you sprinkle on top. No matter how you slice it, it’s a delicious fall cake to serve at any party.
Frugal Tips: Get your pumpkin puree at ALDI food stores. It ranges from $.89-$.99 per can. However, it’s a seasonal item so stock up when you see it! It won’t be on the shelves after the holidays.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8-oz. tub whipped topping
- ½ package Heath Toffee Bits
- Caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the package of yellow cake mix with pumpkin puree (no water, eggs or oil are necessary). Pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Bake according to package directions (about 25-28 minutes). Remove and cool for ten minutes. Using a wooden spoon handle, poke holes about an inch apart in the cake. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake, using a spatula to make sure it gets into the holes somewhat evenly. Refrigerate an hour, minimum. Top with whipped topping and Heath Toffee Bits. Drizzle caramel topping on top of it all.