This recipe is for all those people who believe in eating dessert first! Is breakfast too early for a cupcake? I think not! This French Toast Cupcakes recipe was originally posted over on Mommysavers.com. It’s a fun way to use up day-old bread. Plus, you’ll win extra points with your kids if you give them cupcakes before school!
Frugal Tips: Look for French bread on the reduced bakery rack at Walmart. I can get it for around $1 per loaf!
- ½ loaf French bread, cubed (or any kind of stale or day-old bread)
- ½ C. sour cream
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1¼ C. half and half (use milk to make it even more frugal)
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- ¼ C. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Cool Whip Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread cubes in a mixing bowl. Combine other ingredients and pour over bread cubes, stirring to saturate completely.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and inside is baked through.
- Allow to cool slightly and top with vanilla Cool Whip Frosting.