I love Greek food. Not only is it packed with flavor, it’s usually pretty healthy. This easy Greek Salad with Couscous salad is no exception. Don’t have couscous? Substitute orzo pasta, quinoa or bulgur. I find that the couscous is a frugal way to extend the salad and give it more texture.
Frugal Tip: If jarred Kalamata olives are too expensive, check the grocery store deli. You may be able to buy them by the pound for less.
- 1 C. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cucumber, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- ¼ C. fresh parsley
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- ½ C. Kalamata olives
- Salt & pepper
- 1 C. large-pearl couscous
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients. Drain couscous and add to veggies/dressing. Chill for 4-6 hours before serving.