Last weekend, I was watching an old episode of Barefoot Contessa and Ina Garten presented her fabulous shrimp scampi recipe. It looked so simple and easy, I decided to put it to the test. I’ve made shrimp scampi many times before, but Ina’s recipe called for lemon and cracked red pepper in addition to my typical recipe. As expected, it was delicious!
Frugal Tips: I rarely pay full price for shrimp. Often, it goes on sale at the grocery store during BOGO sales. When it does, I stock up!
Adapted from Shrimp Scampi by Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa on Foodnetwork.com
- 1 box linguine noodles
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2½ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp
- ⅓ C. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ C. lemon juice (I used juice from concentrate)
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Prepare linguine according to package instructions. In a large skillet, melt butter in olive oil. Add garlic and give a quick stir. Next, add salt, pepper and shrimp and cook until they turn light pink, turning as necessary. Add parsley, lemon juice, and red pepper. Add linguine noodles, tossing to coat with the shrimp scampi sauce. Serve immediately.