Spanish rice is the perfect side to serve with any Tex-Mex dish. Bacon and chicken stock add tons of flavor to this classic.
Spanish Rice with Bacon
Bacon makes everything better, including Spanish rice!
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 C. uncooked white rice
- 1 C. chicken broth
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, brown the bacon. Remove bacon to cool.
- Add onions and green pepper to bacon grease and saute until translucent.
- Add uncooked rice to onion and green pepper mixture and stir until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, chopped bacon. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.