This Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe has been a popular one over on Mommysavers.com for many, many years. I finally got around to making it myself. It was easy, and delicious!
Frugal Tips: Make your own pumpkin puree when fresh pumpkins are in season. It freezes well and often costs less than the canned pumpkin you find in stores.
- 2¼ C. graham cracker crumbs
- ½ C. finely chopped pecans or walnuts (optional, adds a little flavor and texture)
- ½ C. butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
- 3 8-oz. packages of cream cheese
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix crumbs, nuts and butter. Press onto the bottom (and 2-inches up sides of 9-inch of a spring form pan or 9×13 Pyrex baking dish. Bake 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing at low speed after each addition, just until blended. Add pumpkin and spices to batter and mix well.
- Pour batter over crust. Bake 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate four hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream.