I originally posted this black bean and corn salsa recipe, also known as Cowboy Caviar Salsa, on Mommysavers.com. It’s one of my go-to summer recipes, especially since I LOVE fresh cilantro. I start it in seeds in late winter and transplant to the garden when it’s warm enough (which for us in Minnesota, can sometimes be late-May).
Frugal Tip: When fresh sweet corn is in season, buy extra and cut off the cob. Then, freeze the sweet corn flat in gallon Ziplock bags. It will stay fresh in your freezer for several months.
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (NEVER used canned – either fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper or tomato
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate overnight to let all flavors blend.