Who knew that Smucker’s Ice Cream toppings could be used in such creative ways? If you’ve got a jar of Smucker’s fudge, you can make these yummy Double Chocolate Diamonds. The base of the bar is flour and peanut butter, but the topping is rich fudge doubled up with chocolate chips. What’s not to like about that? Next on my list of things to make is this Grilled Poundcake with Blueberry Sauce and Ricotta Cream. Mmmmm!
Check out more Smucker’s Recipes HERE. Plus, stay tuned for great giveaways we’re offering this week with Mommysavers as part of their Five Days of Holiday Giveaways Series. One Frugal Bites/Mommysavers reader will win a $100 gift pack provided by Smucker’s!
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Vegetable Shortening
- ½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar Smucker’s® Hot Fudge Topping
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of 15½ x 10½ x 1-inch jelly roll pan with foil. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until creamy. Beat in eggs and almond extract until smooth. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix at low speed just until combined. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack while preparing chocolate layer.
- PLACE chocolate chips in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in hot fudge topping. Microwave on HIGH 15 seconds. Spread over warm baked bars. Sprinkle with walnuts. Chill 1 hour or until chocolate layer is firm.
- LIFT bars from pan with foil and place on cutting board. Cut into diamonds by cutting on the diagonal from corner to corner both directions forming a large “X”. Beginning at one center cut, make 1½-inch parallel diagonal cuts on both sides. Repeat with other center cut to form diamonds. Store in refrigerator.