I am a big fan of recipes that don’t take long; and if the outcome tastes like restaurant fare, even better! I picked up a bottle of this Archer Farms Raspberry Chipotle grilling sauce at Target yesterday (just $2.99!) and used it to create a salad dressing in under five minutes. I tossed it with a greens/spinach mix, goat cheese and sliced almonds. It was delicious!
- Look for goat cheese at ALDI. Last month, I spotted President Brie logs on sale there for just $.99! Sam’s Club and Costco are also great sources for inexpensive cheese. Soft cheeses are more perishable than hard cheeses, but they can be frozen.
- Sliced almonds run about $2.49 (ALDI) to $2.99 (Target) a bag. A little goes a long way! I used less than 1/4 bag on these salads. Don’t forget to put the partially used bag in the freezer so the nuts stay fresh for the next time you use them.
- The rest of your Raspberry Chipotle Sauce will taste good on grilled chicken, but it’s also great as an appetizer. Pour about 1/3 C. over a block of softened cream cheese for a frugal appetizer. Serve with crackers or cocktail bread.
- ½ C. Raspberry Chipotle Sauce (any brand will work)
- ⅓ C. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Whisk the ingredients above together until emulsified. Enjoy!